1. If you did not make it all the way to the end of the weekly Fire Blotter posted yesterday, one interesting item in the log notes that a cyclist who was hit by a "slow moving vehicle" apparently was unscathed enough to refuse all medical treatment at the scene. The full blotter can be viewed here.
2. Thursday's weekly "Concert in the Park" this week features the classic rock band "The Answer." More information here.
3. For foothill residents, something to be on alert about: neighboring Sierra Madre has been hit hard in the last two weeks by residential burglaries. The department has made several arrests but new incidents have been frequent, including two burglaries on Monday.
4. The three board members targeted for recall because of the firing of popular Arcadia coach Jim O'Brien took out an ad Sunday in the Pasadena Star-News to explain their actions, the paper reports.
5. The Pasadena Humane Society has posted their weekly 'pets of the week' blog. Check it out if you are in the market for a new furry friend.