City Hall and many other city services will be shut down on Thanksgiving (Thursday) and Black Friday in observance of the Thanksgiving Day Holiday, according to a release from the city.
Here's what to note:
- Pasadena police and fire departments will still be active.
- Trash collection gets pushed back a day. Thursday's pickup gets moved to Friday, Friday's to Saturday.
- The ARTS (Area Rapid Transit System) and Dial-A-Ride transportation programs are shutting down Thursday, but return on Black Friday.
- Parking meters are free and time is unlimited on Thanksgiving Day, but it's back to normal on Friday. Curb violations will still be enforced no matter the day.
- Pasadena Water and Power's customer call center is closed for Thanksgiving, but customers can still pay their bills over the phone. The city also urges that residents can call PWP for emergencies at 626-744-4673.
- The city's municipal services payment center is closed on Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Pasadena Public Library will be closing at 5 p.m. Wednesday, and won't be open on Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Parks are open for picnics (or "Turkey Bowl" fun), but all rec centers under the control of the Human Services and Recreation Department are closed.