A home in Arcadia's Upper Rancho neighborhood will participate in the Pasadena Showcase House of Design in April.
The 10,433 square-foot, two-story Monterey Colonial-style home on Hampton Road was built in 1941 and designed by architect Roland Coate. It also boasts a pool, spa, 982-square-foot pool house and an asphalt tennis court.
Barker Brothers furniture store founder Lawrence Barker once owned the home.
The Pasadena Showcase is one of the oldest, largest and most successful house and garden tours in the United States. Each year, Southern California’s most prominent interior and exterior designers renovate an estate of architectural significance using the latest design products and concepts.
The event regularly draws 30,000 visitors.
A team of interior designers and landscapers will work on the Hampton Road home in preparation for next year's Showcase. The showcase also includes a bazaar and a pop-up restaurant set up underneath a tent on the tennis court.
Proceeds support the arts in the San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles.
If You Go:
- The Showcase takes place from April 21, 2013-May 19, 2013. *These dates are tentative and subject to change. Patch will keep you updated.
- Shuttle service will provide pickups from Gate 6 of Santa Anita Park as the neighborhood does not allow event parking.
- Tours are 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, and 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. There are no tours public Mondays.
- Tickets, which cost $35-$45, go on sale February 4, 2013 and may be purchased online, by phone at (714) 442-3872, or by mail order.
- Golden Tickets may be purchased online only from Nov. 19- Dec. 19. They cost $60 and are good for one admission to the Showcase any day the House is open to the public.