Win prize money and the opportunity to serve as an ambassador to the sport of horse racing.
The winner of the first Ms. Racing Queen title will receive $100,000 and appear at major racing events such as the Preakness Stakes on behalf of The Stronach Group—the parent company of Santa Anita Park and Florida's Gulfstream Park.
The runner-up will receive $50,000.
"The mission of the Ms. Racing Queen pageant is to promote thoroughbred racing. It is an exciting opportunity to partake in the sport of kings, which spans centuries and enjoys global popularity," Santa Anita's Social Media Coordinator Katie Abbott told Patch.
More than 400 applicants are expected to participate in the pageant, which Miss Florida 2013 Michelle Aguirre and Miss California USA 2013 Mabelynn Capeluj will host.
Contest Rules and How to Enter:
- You must be a woman between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Register by March 3 at www.MsRacingQueen.com.
- For more information, e-mail MsRacingQueen2013@gmail.com.
- Contestants can be married or single, they can be from another state, they can have held a title before or be brand new to pageantry.
- Semi-final events take place March 3, 10 and 17 at both Gulfstream and Santa Anita parks.
- The three semi-final rounds consist of seminars on handicapping and the racing industry, as well as the sport's human and equine athletes. Semi-finalists will also take part in four graded segments: evening wear, derby wear, swimwear and an interview.
- Five finalists from Santa Anita and five finalists from Gulfstream will compete in the finals Sunday, March 24 at Gulfstream. *The Santa Anita finalists will be flown in.
- All finalists will pre-qualify to enter their respective state's 2014 Miss USA Pageant.
For more information, contact David Joseph at 954-457-6451 or at email@example.com.