Construction crews will begin excavation work starting May 7 to verity the bridge foundations at Second Avenue and Huntington Drive, Arcadia police officials announced today.
The work is preparation for the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project. Some lanes closures are expected in excavation process, said police in a statement.
Excavation work will take place from May 7 to May 9, weather permitting. Project organizers are anticipating work hours to be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The following information was provided by the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority:
What to expect
- Right lanes, in each direction, will be intermittently closed during this construction activity.
- Some slowdown in traffic may occur.
- Thru-traffic will be maintained for vehicles and cyclists at all times; pedestrians may be detoured.
- Access will be maintained to local residences and businesses.
- Signs will be posted to indicate street parking restrictions.
- Construction equipment noise will be heard near active work zones.
For more information about the project and to sign up to receive important progress updates and construction alerts, click here.