Thirty people are waiting to return home after Arcadia firefighters evacuated them from the Campus Commons apartment building, which caught fire Thursday morning.
Shortly after 8:30 a.m., firefighters, assisted by units from the Monrovia Fire Department, responded to a structure fire at the 4-story apartment complex at 16 Campus Drive.
The flames originated from an oven fire in a second-story unit, fire officials say. Apparently, combustible materials stored inside the lower oven drawer overheated and caught fire.
Damage to the structure and kitchen contents is estimated at $2,500.
No injuries were reported, but paramedics did evaluate one resident for "over-exerting" him or herself during the evacuation process.