For the period of Sunday, November 24th, through Saturday, November 30th, the Police Department responded to 828 calls for service of which 104 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of the major incidents handled by the Department during this period.
Sunday, November 24:
- Around 1:23 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that was reversing unsafely on Huntington Drive near Baldwin Avenue. An investigation revealed the 26-year- old Hispanic female driver was under the influence of an alcoholic beverage and the 22- year-old White female passenger was intoxicated and unable to care for herself. Both subjects were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- At about 7:05 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the food court at the Santa Anita Mall, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, in regards to a theft report. The victim set her purse down on a chair and forgot to grab it before she moved to another seat. She discovered it missing ten minutes later. No witnesses were located.
Monday, November 25:
- At approximately 4:30 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a broken tail light in the area of Duarte Road and First Avenue. The officer discovered the 21-year- old Black male driver had an expired license. He was cited, released in the field without incident, and his vehicle was left legally parked.
- Shortly after 9:00 p.m., an officer was dispatched to a hit-and-run traffic collision in the intersection of Santa Anita Avenue and Las Flores Avenue. The victim was traveling southbound on Santa Anita Avenue when she was broadsided by another vehicle attempting to turn left onto Las Flores Avenue. The suspect vehicle is described as a red Lexus SC 400. The victim’s vehicle sustained moderate damage and no injuries were reported.
Tuesday, November 26:
- Just after midnight, an officer conducted an enforcement stop on a vehicle for a broken tail light in the area of First Avenue and Haven Avenue. The officer discovered the 32-year-old Black female driver had a suspended license and expired registration; although she was displaying a current registration sticker on her license plate. A records check indicated she had not paid her registration since 2011. She was cited in the field, released without incident, and her vehicle was not stored.
- Around 8:28 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the 000 block of West Foothill Boulevard regarding a possible driver under the influence. The officer observed the suspect vehicle run over a curb, causing one of the rear tires to blow out. An investigation revealed the 52-year- old White male driver was under the influence with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.08 percent, and had a suspended license and outstanding misdemeanor warrant. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Wednesday, November 27:
- Just before 2:00 a.m., an officer responded to the parking lot at Arcadia Methodist Hospital, 300 West Huntington Drive, in reference to a welfare check on a male subject making suicidal threats. An investigation revealed the subject had an outstanding no bail felony warrant and was in possession of methamphetamine. The 42-year-old White male was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- Around 4:46 p.m., an officer responded to the 1300 block of Highland Oaks Drive regarding a mail theft report. A resident observed an unknown male subject closing her mailbox and approached him before he fled in a White 2002-2005 Tahoe or Yukon. The resident asked for her mail back, but the suspect said he didn’t have it. About five days of mail was reported missing.
- The suspect is described as Hispanic, approximately 25-years-old, clean shaven with short hair, tattoos on his arms from the sleeves down, and wearing a white t-shirt. A Hispanic female subject was also observed sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle. She is described as approximately 25-years-old with shoulder length hair and a tattoo on her left bicep.
Thursday, November 28:
- Just after 1:00 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a broken license plate lamp in the area of Baldwin Avenue and Duarte Road. Upon contact with the driver, the officer detected an odor of alcohol emitting from his breath and person. An investigation revealed the 33-year-old Black male was under the influence with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.08 percent. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- At about 7:43 p.m., officers responded to the 1500 block of Holly Avenue regarding a burglary report. The resident observed a subject exit his property from the backyard and watched him flee on a bicycle. An investigation revealed the subject forced entry through a rear door and caused damage to a wall. The total loss was unknown at the time of the report. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 35 to 40-years-old with a mustache, wearing a blue jacket, dark colored jeans, and a dark colored baseball hat.
Friday, November 29
- At about 2:21 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Sephora at the Santa Anita Mall, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, in regards to a theft report. A female subject purchased merchandise using a fraudulent credit card. Further investigation revealed she used other fraudulent credit cards to make purchases at Kiehl’s and Macy’s. The 24-year-old Chinese female was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- At approximately 5:21 p.m., an officer responded to the Arcadia Police Department front counter regarding a theft report. The victim explained he sold a fur coat for $7,800 to a buyer on Ebay who called him directly to make payment. The victim accepted the payment, which was against Ebay policy, and shipped the item to the buyer in London. Shortly after, the victim realized the payment confirmation he had received via email was false and no payment had been processed.
Saturday, November 30:
- Just after 2:10 a.m., an officer made consensual contact with a subject sitting on the sidewalk crying in 100 block of West Huntington Drive. An investigation revealed the 38-year-old Hispanic female was intoxicated and unable to care for herself. She was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
- Just before 3:40 p.m., an officer was dispatched to a residence in the 1000 block of Arcadia Avenue regarding a fraud report. The victim discovered unknown suspect(s) gained access to his debit card information and withdrew approximately $1900 from his checking account. The victim was in possession of his debit card at the time of the report and had no idea how his personal information was compromised. The officer provided the victim with information on how to handle identity theft.