Crime blotter information provided by the Arcadia Police Department
Sunday, August 4:
1. Around 10:41 a.m., officers responded to Motel 6, 225 Colorado Place, in regards to a robbery report. An unknown suspect stole $800 cash from the victim's wallet and fled the location. Officers conducted an area check, but the suspect was not located. The suspect is described as a Black male, 6 foot tall, 160 lbs., with short black hair, a mustache, tattoos on his arms and neck with the letter 'F' tattooed on the left side, and wearing a dark blue shirt and black jeans.
2. Just before 1:15 p.m., an officer was dispatched to a traffic collision in the 100 block of West Huntington Drive. One of the drivers attempted to flee the location on foot, but was detained by officers a short distance away from the collision. An investigation revealed the intoxicated 42-year-old male collided into another vehicle that was exiting Gate 5 of the Santa Anita Race Track. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Monday, August 5:
3. At approximately 3:00 p.m., officers responded to the parking lot of 99 Ranch Market, 1300 South Golden West Avenue, in regards to a robbery that just occurred. The victim explained he was loading groceries into his vehicle when an unknown subject approached him from behind, pulled his handbag from underneath his arm, and ran to an awaiting vehicle that fled eastbound on Naomi Avenue. The victim's bag contained a Louis Vuitton wallet, $6,000 cash, a passport, and multiple credit cards. The victim believed the suspect followed him from the bank to the market. No witnesses were located.
The suspect is described as Asian, approximately 40-years-old, with short black and white hair, wearing a grey polo shirt. The suspect vehicle is described as a grey, older model four-door Toyota with a license plate containing the letters 'AFO'.
4. Around 6:20 p.m., an officer was dispatched to the Arcadia Public Library, 20 West Duarte Road, in regards to a grand theft report. The victim walked away from his computer to use the restroom and discovered it missing when he returned. No one reported seeing or hearing anything suspicious.
Tuesday, August 6:
5. At about 1:57 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for driving east in the westbound lanes of Huntington Drive near Holly Avenue. The officer discovered one of the passengers was in possession of drug paraphernalia and had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant. The 25-year-old male was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
6. At some point before 4:00 a.m., unknown suspect(s) forced entry into a residence in the 1200 block of South Tenth Avenue, ransacked a bedroom, and stole numerous items of property including a desktop computer and cash. The victim could not recall if she left the front door unlocked before leaving the location. No evidence or witnesses were located.
Wednesday, August 7:
7. At approximately 12:07 a.m., an officer responded to an alleyway in the 000 block of Alta Street regarding a subject check. The 46-year-old male was found lying on the ground, extremely intoxicated, and unable to care for himself. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
8. Just after 3:20 p.m., an officer responded to the area of Elkins Avenue and Canyon Road in reference to a bear sighting. The officer located the bear in the driveway of a residence and fired a less lethal round to divert him back into the wilderness. After being struck, the animal fled the location out of sight.
Thursday, August 8:
9. At about 4:53 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a broken tail light in the area of Santa Anita Avenue and Colorado Boulevard. An investigation revealed the driver had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant and was in possession of methamphetamine. The 33-year-old male was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
10. At approximately 8:08 a.m., officers were dispatched to a residence in the 700 block of East Camino Grove Avenue regarding an unknown male adult submerged in the pool. The subject, pronounced dead at the scene, was found with small lacerations to his inner forearms. Preliminary investigation revealed the death was inconsistent with a drowning and appeared to be a suicide.
Friday, August 9:
11. Just after 8:00 p.m., an officer responded to H&M at the Santa Anita Mall, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, in regards to a theft report. A 13-year-old female subject of unknown race concealed merchandise inside a used shopping bag and exited the store without making payment. She was arrested, transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking, and later released to her mother.
12. At about 9:30 p.m., an officer was dispatched to Chevron, 11 East Live Oak Avenue, in regards to a robbery that just occurred. A male suspect stole approximately $20 in change from the cash register and fled west on Live Oak Avenue after being confronted by the store clerk. Officers conducted an area check, but the suspect was not located. A records check revealed the suspect's vehicle, which he left parked beside a gas pump, was reported stolen out of El Monte. The suspect is described as approximately 16 to 21-years-old, 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 9 tall, wearing a black sweatshirt with 'CAL' in white letters, a red baseball hat, black pants, and black shoes.
Saturday, August 10:
13. Just after 7:00 p.m., an officer responded to a non-injury solo traffic collision on Baldwin Avenue, north of Las Tunas Drive. The driver of a 2013 Mercedes C250 made an abrupt turn and struck a signal light. The officer determined alcohol was not a factor.
14. At approximately 10:06 p.m., three 15-year-old male subjects were found trespassing in a construction site at Arcadia High School, 180 Campus Drive. All three juveniles were arrested for Trespassing and Curfew Violation, and later released to their parents. However, one subject was also charged with Possession of a Switchblade.