Monday marks the 123rd annual Rose Parade, which will kick off at 8 a.m. Here are the spectator rules per Pasadena Police Department:
- It is unauthorized to be sitting, camping or blocking the sidewalk or parkways areas along the parade route until noon, Jan. 1. People will be asked to leave and all items including chairs, tables and ropes will be removed by Police.
- No public areas (sidewalks, curbs, gutters, streets) may be cordoned or roped off. Unoccupied or abandoned property will be removed by Police.
- Spectators will not be allowed to move to the Blue Line until 11 p.m., Jan. 1.
- Do not bring upholstered chairs, couches, boxes, scaffolds, tents, horns, ladders or freestanding umbrellas; they will be confiscated. Folding chairs are acceptable.
- Do not throw items of any kind, including marshmallows and tortillas. Silly string, whipped cream and shaving cream are not allowed. Throwing of any of these items is against the law.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed on the parade route. The legal drinking age in California is 21. Minors in possession of alcoholic beverages are subject to arrest along with the person who supplied it.
- Small, professionally manufactured barbecues elevated at least one foot off the ground are allowed.
- Bonfires are strictly prohibited.
- Propane tanks are allowed but have to be less than 5 gallons.
For more information click HERE, or call the Visitor Hotline at 877-793-9911.